Caretakers are responsible for maintaining the property of their employer and duties can include cleaning and repair work. Both short-term and long-term positions are available, depending on the client. Maintaining and up keeping a property, or building is the job of a Caretaker. The responsibilities will vary, depending on the employer and their needs. Everything that has to do with the aesthetics, operation and various functions falls under their care. These workers can be found in various settings plants, factories, libraries, banks, schools or even hospitals.
A Caretaker usually performs many of the following tasks:
- Cleaning the grounds and inside buildings
- Accepting deliveries and routing mail
- Repairing equipment and placing orders
- Overseeing surveillance
- Preparing rooms for meetings and events
- Monitoring air conditioning and heating levels in a building